Selling your home is a huge task to take on. You have to wait until it is the best time for you to list your house for sale, both for market timing and your family’s needs. When it is finally time, you need a credible real estate agent with experience working in residential neighborhoods like your own. Once you find an agent, you have to settle on a competitive price, have professional listing photos taken, and go through with everything you need to do to promote your house both off and online. Continue reading
Looking for space to put an exercise room, entertainment center, or playroom? Go underground! If your home has an unfinished basement, remodeling might be a great way to transform this commonly under-used space.
When considering a basement remodel, start by making a floor plan. Be sure to mark the location of your furnace, washer and dryer, and any other large appliances. Take notes on:
- Access to the basement from upstairs and outside
- Location of existing plumbing if you want an additional bathroom
- Location of vertical support columns
- Location of windows and doors
- Floor/ceiling/wall materials. Continue reading